Thor Skid Plate Kit For B5/B5.5 Passat 98-05
Evolution Import skid plate for use on the B5 and B5.5 Passat models. 3/16" aluminum complete with hardware installation kit.
The Thor B5 Passat Skid Plate Kit Includes:
SKU A1007- 1 Thor Aluminum Skid Plate.
SKU A2003- 1 Thor B5 Passat Hardware Kit, containing:
2 Aluminum Thor Side Wings.
1 Thor Rivet Nut Installation Tool.
1 Thor B5 Passat Bolt Kit.
1998-2005 Passat & Passat Wagon
WHY YOU SHOULD BUY EVOLUTION'S THOR ALUMINUM SKID PLATE!
Volkswagen's oil pans are made of a paper-thin cast aluminum that is easily cracked by many objects such as road debris, manhole covers and speed bumps. While your car may be at stock height, there is only approximately 4 inches of ground clearance with your oil pan. If you are lowered from stock height, there is very little room for error when negotiating an object in your path. Here is some information on this Evolution Aluminum Skid Plate for those of you that haven't seen it before.
- The plate is 5052 grade aluminum and is 4.8mm (.191 inches) thick.
- Weighs 16.7 pounds total installed.
- Protects your cars oil pan, a/c pump, radiator & transmission.
- Bolts to you vehicle in five locations.
- 45 to 60 minute install.
- Once the plate is installed it is only 5 bolts that need to be removed for your oil change(1-2minutes).
- Fits all engines and transmissions.
- Never rusts.
- Maximum amount of ground clearance possible provided.
- Air duct to allow air flow around transmission.
- Specially designed so you won't have to worry about air forcing your plastic tire well lining back and into your tires.
- Designed, tested and proven by EVOLUTION IMPORT INC.
- Shipped to your door step in a box as a complete kit. No other attachments need to be purchased.
- Draft/Design by:Evolution Import Inc
- CNC Machine Manufactured.
A detailed easy to follow, step by step guide is only located on our website and not included in the kit. The Install Guide for your kit is: Thor B5 Passat Install Guide
Note: Passats with the V8 engine will need spacers at the front. Here is a link to the required spacers: Spacer Kit
Note: There could be surface scratches on the skid plate during manufacturing, handling or shipping which won't compromise the usefulness of the product. Please note that we won't warranty a skid plate for surface scratches as the skid plate is going to get scratched immediately after installation.
We make it easy for you. With the Thor skid plate we do now offer an oil hole cover that only works with the B5/B5.5 Passat TDI engine. The skid plate comes with a 98% pre-cut hole. Simply finish the cuts on the four tabs and bolt the oil cover right on. With this feature you do not have to remove the skid plate to do an oil change. All gas engines will need to remove the skid plate to do an oil change as the oil filter is accessed from the bottom. If your Passat is a TDI, we recommend getting a Thor Oil Cover. Update: We just installed a Thor Skid Plate onto a 2004 Passat with the 1.8T gas engine. The oil hole lined up perfectly with the oil plug and the oil filter is easily accessible from the back of the skid plate. At this point we cannot confirm other years with this engine.
Here is a link to the oil cover for TDI engines: Thor Oil Cover